General Purpose Oil
Oil Viscosity Standards are used during calibration checks of specific instruments such as cone/plate viscometers or rheometers as well as Krebs spindle geometry instruments.
General Purpose Oil Fluids are best suited for those instruments using Cone/Plate Viscometers/Rheometers.
Viscosity Standards / General Purpose Oil / Brookfield
- Accuracy: +/-1% of viscosity value
- Appropriate for use at shear rates greater than 500 sec-1
- Recommended for use with cone/plate Viscometers at viscosities above 5,000 cP
- Brookfield oil viscosity standards are hydrocarbon based, either mineral oil or polybutenes Note: Other oil fluids are available - call for details
- Brookfield Viscosity Standards are accurate to ±1% of the stated viscosity and are certified by methods traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The selection of one or two fluids will normally provide sufficient measurement points to verify calibration of your instrument. All fluids are supplied in 1/2 liter (1 pint) containers complete with a certificate of calibration. CAP Oil Fluids are supplied in 150 mL (4 oz) containers