The Brookfield PVS is a coaxial cylinder, controlled shear rate rheometer used in applications under pressure at temperatures where sample boil-off is a problem.
The PVS is a dynamic coaxial cylinder, controlled shear rate rheometer allowing quick and easy viscosity measurements under pressure at temperatures where sample boil-off is a problem.
The PVS can be used to simulate process conditions for small fluid samples in a laboratory benchtop environment. Applications include chemical compounds containing volatile materials, oil industry, drilling muds and fracturing fluids, processed foods, polymers and paints. Any test sample requiring absolute viscosity measurement under totally enclosed conditions is a viable candidate.
Rheometers / PVS Rheometer / Brookfield
- Portable site-to-site mobility with 1' x 1' x 2' instrument footprint
- Rheovision software for automation and control of all test parameters
- Designed to operate in severe environments with Hastelloy cups and bobs standard
- Quick and easy to operate
- Measures samples from vacuum to the high pressure of up to 1000 psi
- Safety relief valve included
- Measures under temperature conditions: -40°C to +260°C
- RTD temperature sensor on the inner cylinder surface ensures accurate sample temperature
- Runs test to the API industry standard
- LSRV measurements to 0.2 sec-1
- Simulation of In-Process conditions:
- Down Hole
- A robust motor capable of speeds up to 1000 RPM
- The outside cylinder rotates at shear rates up to 1700 sec-1, spindle inside remains stationary
- Available with triple annulus geometry for increased sensitivity when measuring low viscosity fluids
- Quick and easy setup
- Complete with a choice of the spindle (bob), cup, Rheovision Software and computer
- Industrial standards